About

Life is a precious gift from god which we generally not live fully; pondering over little things ignoring the happiness and contentment within us and in smallest things happening in our lives on daily basis... I will unfold the beauty of these things through my eyes and my pen.....bringing rays of hope, love and laughter in your world!!!!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Breastfeeding is bestfeeding






Being a child of ten years, the sight of my bua feeding her infant child with her baring white nipples was full of humiliation and disgust for me where i couldn't understand why my bua is feeding the baby after undressing a certain part of her body when everyone cried Shame! Shame! if we both siblings ran after each other naked in bathing time...
Then my mom came to my rescue telling me the benefits of breastfeeding in her own simple language but as a rough and tough child with my tendency to listen less and understand more, i simply overlooked her conversations.


When i became a mother for the first time, it was unnerving as i was a carefree child and a bully youngster and had only a fewer signs of femininity inside. I went through a cesarean. I started feeding my child from the second day of my delivery. I found the task of breastfeeding a herculean task for my body, still in aftershocks of cut and paste, pained like anything due to stitches when time and again i had to get up and sit just to feed my son and my son, after a sip or two would love to get back to his sleep and would not get up however i would shake him to complete his feed...These infants!



      

My husband would run away if i start sharing anything about breastfeeding and i was not comfortable sharing anything with my mom-in-law because being from a rural background, she would only advise me. Though my mom was there but she also felt helpless as she would not help me for fear of my mom-in-law getting upset if she interfered too much. I was not enjoying the process of breastfeeding but my baby was..my mom was watching all this and she brought me a book on breastfeeding....i don't know the benefits of breastfeeding but the emotional factor of breastfeeding touched me so much that despite all the physical and emotional pain, i would feed my little bundle as many times as he wanted and when he would sleep with contentment, i would see and admire his serene beauty and thank god... I am not gonna divulge about the health benefits of breastfeeding for it has been done to death. Apart from the health benefits for both mothers and the infants, breastfeeding is such an important aspect which holds two souls together forever. The infant gets to know the mothers' vicinity and her affectionate feelings in the first go in a speechless flow of nectar which speaks million times in the heartbeats of mother and the baby and strengthens their bond  forever....I have written a poem for my gratitude towards my mom for everything she did only for her kids:- 


Unaware and unasked

you gave me all you have
surrendering yourself completely
selflessly and utterly
getting up all night and day
never bothered to get rest
you are my sunshine
you raised me to fullest
you are my unshakable base
who's accurate in every case
you're the one who pushes me ahead
and is splendid when i win the race
maa!I owe you everything
is a very shortcoming phrase
You perfected me in my imperfections
and cooled me up when sun was ablaze
you never shied away pointing my mistakes
and corrected me with my own experience, truth and fakes...



Image Courtesy:- Internet/Self 



© [ Ritika Kapoor] [My Sunshine My World] {2015] this post is exclusively constructed, written and owned by the owner. Any duplication, publication or usage without the written permission from the actual owner is is an offense and is strictly prohibited and illegal.